That’s the message Arizona 811 is sharing statewide in 2015 as it began its 41st year with a new name, new look and new logo.
Established in 1974, Arizona 811 celebrated four decades of service in 2014 by changing its name to include “811” – the national number to call so utilities can be marked before digging. That’s right – no matter what state you’re digging in, just call 811 to “know what’s below” at your dig site.
The new logo features brighter, bolder colors and pays tribute to Arizona by incorporating the state flag alongside the national 811 logo.
No doubt, undoing 40 years of “Arizona Blue Stake” won’t be easy; but Arizona 811 is having fun with an integrated re-branding campaign. It’s bi-lingual and statewide, and it optimizes television and radio ads; social media; billboards in the Metro Phoenix region and Tucson; and, of course, an epic new website.
- During March and April 2015, look for Arizona 811 digital billboards along the Interstate 10 and Interstate 17 corridors in Metro Phoenix, and poster billboards on several local streets in Tucson (but drive safely, too!)
- If you haven’t already found Arizona 811 on social media, be sure to Like and Follow Arizona 811 on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Arizona 811 is also on YouTube, where you can view the new television commercials in English and Spanish. You’ll also see them on every TV station in Arizona during March and April and August-November 2015 thanks to a partnership with the Arizona Broadcasters’ Association (ABA).
- More of the listening type? Hear the new Arizona 811 commercials in English and Spanish (each version runs 15 and 30 seconds). The radio spots also will run on every station in Arizona during March and April and August-November 2015 as part of the Arizona 811/ABA collaboration.
- Finally, bookmark this web site. It was designed to be super-user-friendly whether you’re at your desk or on a mobile device, and provide useful information and news about all things Arizona 811, plus valuable resources to help everyone dig safely.